Friends of Starkweather Creek Board
February 16, 2016
7 pm, Goodman Community Center
- Water Quality Monitoring – Laura Rozumalski, P.E., President, FreshWater Engineering LLC
- Carpenter Ridgeway Neighborhood improvements – Melissa Denman
- Budget – Doug Johnson
- Outreach – Watershed wanderers update
- Quarterly Meeting with City of Madison – agenda items discussion
- Voit Property Redevelopment Plan – update and discussion
- Trailer & canoe transportation – Dave
- Lowell Grounds Rebuild Project – Lance
Next Meeting: March 15: Board Meeting, 7-8 pm, Goodman Center
What’s your vision of a positive future for water and people in south-central Wisconsin?
The “Our Waters, Our Future” Writing Contest seeks inspiring short stories that can fuel conversations and actions to ensure healthy waters and vibrant communities for generations to come. The winning story will be published in Madison Magazine. Top finalists will receive other awards. Submit your story by February 1, 2016. The contest is open to all Wisconsin residents and students ages 18 and up.
For complete details, visit wsc.limnology.wisc.edu/writing-contest.
The following organizations have teamed up to tap your creativity: UW-Madison’s Water Sustainability and Climate Project and Center for Limnology, Madison Magazine, Sustain Dane, and the Wisconsin Academy of Sciences, Arts & Letters.
Time for a last minute paddle on the creek!